- Call for a FREE Consultation
- Sign up to receive news and updates and get my free report:
- Unsubscribe at any time.
- Jean Donati Acupuncture604 E. Joppa RD
Towson, MD 21286410-984-3700
- • Seven Healthy Fall Habits •
- • 5 Ways to Stay Fit This Fall •
- • Improve Your Mental Health with Regular Meditation •
Tag Archives: digestion
In a nutshell, traditional acupuncture, also known as Traditional Chinese Medicine or TCM, works under the belief that the body is controlled by a flow of energy called qi traveling through pathways in the body that are called meridians. Acupuncturists believe that when these pathways become blocked and the energy can’t flow freely, various health problems begin to appear.
There are 5 elements or Seasons of energy in Acupuncture. Each is associated with time, color, sound, odor, foods and other associations. These 5 Elements are s follows.
Earth (Late Summer) Holding energy, nourishing, supporting
Metal (Autumn) Descending movement, letting go, loss
Water (Winter) Stillness, persistence movement, power, regenerating
Wood (Spring) Uprising movement, birth, growth
Summer (Fire) Dancing energy,