In order to ensure the safety and well-being of our patients and staff, we are strictly adhering to the guidelines set out by the CDC, State and Local Government, and the Maryland Board of Acupuncture. We will make every effort to schedule patients so there is only one patient in the waiting room at a time. If there is more than one person in the clinic, please remember to stay a safe distance (at least 6 feet) from them.
You may call 410-984-3700 with any questions or concerns.
BEFORE YOUR APPOINTMENT
To ensure the best care for all, please review the COVID-19 Informed Consent Form prior to each visit with us. You will be asked to complete this form for each visit. Download the Covid Informed Consent Form.
- Please arrive at least 10 minutes prior to your appointment.
- Plan to wait in your vehicle until your treatment time. Text or call the clinic when you arrive and I will advise you when the waiting room is empty and sanitized, so you can come up to the clinic safely. Please have companions wait elsewhere while you are having your treatment.
- All patients must wear a proper face-covering throughout their visit.
- Body temperature will be taken.
- Hand sanitizer will be pumped into your hands.
- Consent forms must be signed.
- You will then be taken directly to the treatment room.
- In order to keep paper waste to a minimum, please wear loose-fitted clothing. Please feel free to bring your own blanket for warmth and coverage.
- High touch surface areas in the treatment room and bathroom will be disinfected with an EPA approved product after each treatment per health department suggestions.
- Please fill out your checks or have your cash in an envelope and place in the basket provided in the treatment room. We will schedule your next appointment before you leave.
A message from Jean
Hello there! I hope this finds you well and nourishing yourself during this unprecedented time.
As I get ready to see you again, there are a number of things you need to be aware of in the clinic. My setting and procedures will be a bit different for the foreseeable future. Because we can be contagious even when we don’t have symptoms, and because for some people this virus is deadly, we owe it to ourselves, our families, and each other to be very thoughtful about our interactions. That being said here are some guidelines that are in place:
- As always, there is no fee for cancellations due to illness. If you even think you might be getting sick, please let me know and stay home. Telehealth appointments may be available while you are sick, once you are an established patient.
- If you have any of the following symptoms please consider them signs of potential illness, let me know, and stay home. This includes the following list of NEW symptoms that are distinct from other health conditions. New symptoms may include cough, sore throat, nasal congestion, shortness of breath, diarrhea, fatigue, muscle aches not attributable to exercise, loss of sense of taste or smell, odd rash around fingers or toes, chills, or shaking with chills. Likewise, if any of your close contacts are experiencing any of these symptoms, please consider that you may have been exposed and stay home.
- Ideally, on the day of your treatment, you would not run errands or make other stops. If you must, please try to schedule your treatment first, and leave other non-household interactions until after your treatment.
- Our waiting area won’t be used. Please have companions wait elsewhere while you are having your treatment. Plan to wait in your vehicle until your treatment time. Text or call me when you arrive and I will advise you when the waiting room is empty and sanitized, so you can to come up to the clinic safely.
- Please wear a mask at all times while you are at the office. Due to the shortage of masks, at this time you will need to provide your own mask. A homemade mask is fine. Please keep your personal items in the car.
- The office door will remain locked so only practitioners will be able to let folks into the center. I will come to the door, take your temperature and run through a series of screening questions.
- If you don’t need to use the restroom, I will pump some hand sanitizer onto your hands, you will enter the office and go directly onto the treatment table.
- Due to the possible risk of changing the sheets after each treatment, I will be keeping the use of linens to a minimum. There will be no blankets. You are free to bring your own blanket for the session. Please dress in loose-fitting layers if possible – so that I can access points while you can stay warm and covered. Tops should have buttons or zippers.
- High touch surfaces in the treatment room and bathroom will be disinfected with an EPA approved product after each treatment per health department suggestions.
- Please fill out your check or have your cash in an envelope, which you will leave in a basket on the treatment room for your practitioner. Credit cards are not accepted at this time, but may be in the future. We will schedule your next treatment before you leave.
Because I will need extra time for cleaning and sanitizing, and because it’s important to minimize the number of people in the office at any one time, there will be fewer appointment times available. Please be as understanding and flexible as possible. I am looking forward to us working together again!
I realize this may all seem daunting and unwelcoming! Please know that I very much want to see you all, and want to keep things as comfortable, and SAFE, as possible!
Let’s get on with the business of balancing the Qi! Be well!